Ahh, the holiday season. Nice, eh? It’s so nice that we’re giving away a nice sweet DukaPress theme, Mwendo. Mwendo is a child theme based on the widly popular Motion.
We were inspired to make this child theme by two things:
- Motion is just so darn beautiful as a theme!
- We saw one of our friends try set up DukaPress using Motion but the fact that it is a dark theme gave him some problems, so we decided to make a child theme with all the relevant CSS modified to work with this beautiful dark theme.
We also hope that Mwendo serves as a nice example on how to make your own DukaPress theme – it is very easy because DukaPress includes lots of CSS “hooks” which allow it to be styled however you want it. Look at what we did under the hood in Mwendo and you’ll see – pay particular attention to functions.php and style.css. Have fun!
While making the theme we realised that the original Motion does not support WordPress 3.0 custom menus so we added support for those, too. Here is the full feature set:
- Dark and colorful theme with sweet transparency characteristics
- Drop-down menu
- 2-column layout and widget-ready footer and sidebar
- Support for WordPress custom menus
- Styled to work elegantly with DukaPress
In case you are wondering, “Mwendo” means ‘motion’ in Swahili.
Please note that this is a child theme and therefore for it to work you have to install both Mwendo AND Motion. Have fun, and happy holidays to you and your family!
The slideshow on the home page is powered by our Simple SlideShow DukaPress addon.
This theme was updated on 21 February 2011.
DOWNLOAD: Mwendo DukaPress Theme